Good service from Amazon

Aspman 10:01 24 Nov 05

We always said we should post the good as well as the bad so I though I'd post this.

I ordered several DVDs a few weeks ago from Amazon (Xmas presents) and took the free delivery option.

Fast-forward about 10 days and no delivery. I had a quick hunt on Amazon's website and found the relevant email form to ask about the problem.

Next day I had an email stating that there was a problem, they had reordered the DVDs for me and would be posted by next day delivery. No questions no arguments, 1 email needed.

DVDs arrived as promised.

Nice to get good service from one of the big boys.

Stuartli 10:41 24 Nov 05

I have always had first class after sales service from Amazon, including a refund on a 5.1 Logitech speaker set that became faulty after 18 months (two year warranty); Amazon also refunded the £15 ParcelForce carriage charge to return the speakers to its Milton Keynes depot.

Amazon never quibbled about having to return the speakers and immediately provided an RMA.

interzone55 12:51 24 Nov 05

Chucking my hat into the ring...

I've never had a single problem with Amazon, and looking at my account I've made over 100 separate purchases since 1999.

The only problem I've ever encountered is with one of their ZShops sellers who had not dispatched my goods after 3 weeks. Amazon cancelled the sale, refunned my money and blocked the seller.

One word of caution, if you opt for the free delivery the goods are delivered by Parcelnet, who do not provide a fixed delivery date, just say 2 - 5 days. Each time i've received the goods in 2 days, but it's not guaranteed.

ulrich 18:09 24 Nov 05

I've been a customer of Amazon for 3yrs and never had a problem with their service.

HondaMan 18:21 24 Nov 05

I have never had a problem with Amazon. Other on-line vendors take note!

GaT7 18:57 24 Nov 05

Same here - have always had excellent service & communication. No quibble returns procedure + quick refunds. G

ade.h 19:29 24 Nov 05

On the occasions when I've asked for something vaguely out of the ordinary (returning a faulty item, ordering imports, or something that is not currently in stock) I have only had one good experience.

That was when I had some faulty CD-RWs; I had a prompt refund including my return postage costs, as you wold expect. At other times, things have been less rosey.

Many of the albums that I buy are difficult to find and are usually imported from the USA. Quite often, I have to use a third-party seller, which I have always had good experiences with (touch wood).

However - one occasion when I ordered an import that was out of stock resulted in all sorts of hassle. In the three months that it took for Amazon to admit that the product could not be sourced, it debited the amount from my account on six occasions, leaving me out of pocket by over £70! It was another month of hassle before that was eventually returned. I then ordered the same item from the USA and got it in three days.

I still use Amazon regularly, but I'm very careful about it.

rickf 21:44 24 Nov 05

Here, here. I support all that's been said. Never had probs with them. I haven't been here for a while and its great to find good news on my return visit. Hello to all, old and new. I can recognise some of the old ones who are still around and keeping up the good work of helping others. Cheers.

Border View 23:57 24 Nov 05

I too have never had any problems with Amazon. This week I had the best ever delivery. I ordered four DVD's on Monday morning at about 11.00 a.m. and they were delivered first class post Tuesday morning at 8.30 a.m. You cannot get better than that.

Stuartli 09:43 25 Nov 05

Plus a word of equal praise for our much maligned postal service which, personally, I have always found excellent.

Devil Fish 09:59 25 Nov 05

Amazon are good normaly i pay the delivery to get my order asap. I took them up on the free delivery with my last order as it was xmas presents so no major rush for them, expecting to wait about 5-7 days for my order to be delivered i was pleasantly suprised when the complete order arrived 48 hours later.

So i to will join you on giving them a pat on the back for a job well done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…