Good Service!

Mr Mistoffelees 18:31 16 Dec 05

Recently I bought a graphics card from Udiggit click here Unfortunately, after instalation, it soon became clear that something was amiss. I tried all I could think of and then phoned Udiggit for advice and was given the email address of someone at the manufacturers offices in the Netherlands. I also sought advice elsewhere, but all failed. Last Wednesday I phoned again and was told to get an RMA and return it. City Link collected it on Friday. Udiggit enmailed this Wednesday to say the refund was processed. Today the money is available again in my credit card account. Pity not all online retailers are as efficient and helpfull when things go wrong.

ade.h 19:35 16 Dec 05

Just doing what it's supposed to do, I would say. I'm amazed that its first tactic was to pass your issue over to the manufacturer in another country.

The fact that this behaviour is not universal among e-tailers is a sad indictment of the industry.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:48 16 Dec 05

The reason they gave me a Dutch contact to try was because the UK office was only just opened and very undermanned. Also I wanted to rule out software troubles to, hopefully, avoid the hassle of sending back and then having to order a replacement.

ade.h 21:04 16 Dec 05

Fair point, Mr M. I tend to take that approach first before going to the retailer, if only to see if the problem is fixable by me rather than risk having to wait half-an-hour on the phone and have to persuade someone in a call centre to accept the product back. It's not as easy as it should be to make use of our consumer rights when we need to.

I'm glad you got on well with Udiggit (How do you pronounce that by the way?!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5