Good quality inkjet.

Dannyb 20:01 22 May 06

I know questions have been asked many times about this, but, I am looking for a really good inkjet printer. My needs are mostly B/W but I do occasionally need colour and I want that to be pretty good when I need it. I don't print photos. I have currently got an Epson Stylus Photo 895 which is about to give up on me. Thanks

TOPCAT® 23:26 22 May 06

listed in issue 131 (June) is the HP DeskJet 5940 at £75 inclusive (hp.com/uk).

Quote: "...It's extremely fast, and print quality is very good, with plenty of colour depth and keen detail reproduction."

They give a 'Recommended' to the Epson Stylus D88 Photo at £57 inclusive (epson.co.uk)

Quote: "....If you want to make your photos look as stunning as possible, there are undoubtably some better models in this chart. If your priority is a good multi-purpose inkjet that can carry out a wide range of tasks with speed and precision, then you won't beat this for a deal......." TC.

Stuartli 00:06 23 May 06

The Epson D88 can be picked up at your local Tesco for a surprisingly low price but, for the life of me, I can't remember exactly what it is at the moment...:-(

It's not listed on its website.

Stuartli 00:11 23 May 06

Even better would be an Epson R200/220 for very little more.

I would be somewhat doubtful, for instance, about this particular offer in view of the delivery costs but.....

click here

Stuartli 00:14 23 May 06

Also:

click here

pj123 17:42 23 May 06

I have an Epson 895 which I have had for at least 5 years and it is still working fine. How do you know that your 895 is about to pack up? I would like to know so that I can get another printer before that happens. I also have an Epson R200 printer. So much better and faster/quieter than the 895 and it also prints direct to CD/DVDs

Epson R200: click here

Dannyb 19:02 23 May 06

Hi pj123, for some time now my printer has had a mind of it's own. It will often take numerous sheets of paper at a time and another time it will take nothing. It will stop printing halfway through a print job and then, when I can cancel all documents it just freezes and I then have to reboot the PC. When I re-boot it will start to print what I have already had printed in the last print job it did do. Daren't cancel that print run or it's re-boot again. Removed the drivers and then downloaded new, but it made no difference. Too frustrated now so looking for a new one.

Fishbox 15:18 24 May 06

Partly as a result of feedback to a post on this forum,I recently bought an Epson R220.
Cheap compatible cartridges are available.(See thread on "R220 Compatible Cartridges")It seems happy on non-Epson photopaper and is quiet.Print results are good but not particularly fast.At the time Comet,Curry's and PCWorld had it for a shade under £70 instore but I opted to order online from Comet,at£63-74 with free delivery.There may be cheaper sources.

jakimo 20:53 25 May 06

The Epson R220 at Amazon for £59.65

click here

flycatcher 21:39 25 May 06

Fishbox
I have an Epson 220 and I am very pleased with it but I find that results are noticeably better on Epson Papers. I have tried Fuji and Xerox but the difference shows.

Dannyb 22:30 25 May 06

Thanks for all the advice folks. Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…