//some 3rd party need geo

Is this a good offer? Thoughts please..thanks

bof:) 12:26 25 May 03

Hi All,

A neighbour has given me a leaflet with the following details on it. What do you think?

17 inch monitor
AMD Athlon 2000XP+
40gb 72000rpm Hard drive
48x24x48 CDRW Drive
256mb DDR memory
GeForce 4MX Graphics
56k modem
10/100 Ethernet connection
Black Keyboard, mouse and speakers

Price...... £399
(doesn't say if thats pre vat)

Windows XP Home Edition...£62

thanks for any advice........mike

thats very good spec for the money, read the small print very carefully who's the company?

Andsome 13:53 25 May 03

I don't think that you will get a 72000 rpm hard drive. It's a good spec with a 7200 rpm hard drive

bof:) 17:45 25 May 03

Thanks horiz5 and Andsome,

the cmpany are 'Unicom PC'
click here'

mike

bof:) 17:49 25 May 03

I've just noticed it does say at the bottom of the leaflet

'Suppliers to Education,Government and Corporate Accounts throughout the UK'.

As the leaflet was given to me by a neighbour from work I'll check if they sell at this price to individuals.

So, I'm not sure if they supply to individuals at this price, I'll ring them tomorrow and find out.

mike

spuds 19:12 25 May 03

A company local to me, sells machines with a 80gb HD,but otherwise similar specifications for £499.00 inc.They also give a 4 year RTB warranty into the price.

Rayuk 19:17 25 May 03

Dont bother about suppliers to edc etc many other companies state this in their adverts.
They sell to anyone.
£468 if the original is ex vat
Have a look around the web or buy a copy of Micro Mart they have a lot of low cost systems for you to compare prices with.

jediknight007 20:05 25 May 03

I could build the same PC with same specs but at a lower price. If you would like me to since I have nothing to do at the mo, then ask me. Regards.

bof:) 12:39 27 May 03

Thankyou everone for the advice.

jediknight007, thankyou very much for the offer but its only an idea I am toying with present.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…