Good News

Coaster3 19:38 21 Jan 03
  Coaster3 19:38 21 Jan 03

A man who admitted infecting thousands of computers across the world with fast- spreading viruses has been jailed for two years.

click here

carver 19:55 21 Jan 03

But under Government guidelines as this was his first offense shouldn't he have been given a harsher sentence,something like 3 weeks on a health farm ,2 weeks South of France,access to a better computer,I mean it wasn't really his fault, you could always blame the people who didn't have a proper Anti-virus set up, they are the real criminals.

bvw in bristol 20:12 21 Jan 03

"People who commit such offences are not just computer buffs or nerds sitting alone in their bedrooms obsessed with their computers.

"They also happen to be criminals who are difficult to detect, as they well know."

(above pasted from your link).

Whilst not condoning this mans' actions, the burglar who ransacked my home eleven days before Christmas will, no doubt, not go to prison if he is ever caught, which is unlikely.

I assume burglars are not "criminals who are difficult to detect" as approx. 15% of them are caught.

Stuartli 20:28 21 Jan 03

The Police don't bother about burglaries these days - too busy targeting the easy to rip off motorists.

Coaster3 22:50 21 Jan 03

There's a notice on my house to the effect that burglars enter at their own risk!

Forum Editor 23:38 21 Jan 03

of these sentences as police forces throughout the world get to grips with the technology available to track down and prosecute such criminals.

Virus writers rank high in the 'Public enemy' category, and for too long have enjoyed what amounts to folk-hero status among those too misguided to appreciate the very real damage computer viruses can cause to both business and private users alike.

A person who releases a virus into the wild acts without a care for the consequences, in fact such people (and I've met a couple) take pride in the fact that they'll create havoc in the working and private lives of thousands. They are criminals in the same way armed robbers are criminals, and should be treated as such.

I don't like virus-writers, does it show?

Stuartli 13:14 22 Jan 03

Agree with you - but why can't such people use their undoubted expertise in a beneficial, rather than evil, way?

rickf 16:16 22 Jan 03

nature of good vs evil? the stuff of life!

Rtus 18:58 22 Jan 03

After dealing with so many virrii attempts.I have to remember its a family forum ..As I am sorely tempted to add my description of these persons.They have No interest in helping society ,,To ninety percent of such persons its just a joke something else to get a buzz from .I cant say much more as it will land off as a load of *'s And we all know what the outcome of that would be ..Oh if only they would get a life..

Rtus 22:06 22 Jan 03

mind you at my age grammer / spellings not that important..breathing is..LOL.. I think I need new keyboard..With bigger letters on it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…