good job evesham

no1ghoul 14:28 27 Sep 03

I recently received my new evesham pc(evolution 2.8 blue lightning) and feverishly I set it up and installed my fave game morrowind, wow what A difference it was making to the game compared with our old hp pavillion and I was suitably impressed when it reboots itself for no reason aarrgghh. reload game ten mins of play and aaarrrgghh reboot again.
Gutted I phone evesham support after ten mins of holding I am answered by A chap who informs me that they are extremely busy at the mo and can I give him my name/number ect and they will call me back, oh no I thought, I have heard so many horror stories about how some companies don't bother to phone back and keep fobbing you off.
And then about an hour later the phone rang it was an evesham technician,I explained what was happening with the new pc and he took me through A few things and when that did'nt work he left me with some things to try in the evening(it was by now about 5.30),brilliant not only had they kept their promise to phone me back but the technician spent about an hour on the phone helping me at the expense of evesham,
anyway tried what was suggested and it did'nt work phoned next day and the technician said he would send an on-site engineer out for THE NEXT DAY! wow I thought that was quick work next day engineer arrived Chris from Cwmbran who was very polite and friendly and changed various settings and drivers, he also waited paitently while I played morrowind for about half an hour and it worked A treat happy we let chris get on and settled down with morrowind half hour later reboot aarrgghh.
Phone evesham again through similar cycle of try-ing this or that and now we are having another visit from an engineer on monday.
The reason for this long-winded story??
On monday I will have had the pc for just one week in that time we will have managed to get through to tech support three times they have called us twice and we will have been visited by an engineer twice and i'm sure the problem will be fixed by then too.
Compare this with the after sales of some others.
Well done evesham allthough my problem has'nt been fixed yet you have left me feeling confident that it will be.

bvw in bristol 00:45 28 Sep 03

click here

Morrowind FPS Optimizer's N-Patch (TRUFORM) feature do not work correctly (reboots at least under WinXP) with video cards based on ATI R300 (Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 [Pro]) + ATI Catalysts drivers v3.3 / v3.4 / v3.5. ATI Radeon 9000 [Pro] can also has some sort of problems. Hope it can be fixed either by me or ATI. As far as I know this feature works w/o problems only for Radeon8500 [LE] (I can test it) with any Catalysts driver version.

I don't play games, but there's probably nothing actually wrong with your machine as such.

Gaz 25 01:06 28 Sep 03

Thats the way a company should respond to problems, but only a few do. Great that evesham have provided the great support.

As said above though, there is probably nothing wrong with your PC.

no1ghoul 01:45 28 Sep 03

Thanks for the link I have 9800 pro with 3.7 catylyst driver but unfortunately it is'nt just morrowind that I have had problems with same problem with vice city and tropico too??
Gaz I agree that thats the way A company should respond but I still think that it's worth mentioning considering some of the horror stories I have read on these forums (and others).

Evesham Support 10:16 29 Sep 03

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with your new Evesham Technology computer system.

Judging by the information in your post we are confident that we can get to the bottom of the problem when our engineer visits you today.

Should you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us through [email protected].

Kind regards

Customer Support

Evesham Technology

no1ghoul 18:29 29 Sep 03

Thanks for your kind response in this thread which I think goes some way to proving the accuracy of the above comments.
Whilst as yet my computer still is'nt working as it should, with your considerable help I am sure it won't be long.

all the best

no1ghoul 00:30 11 Oct 03

engineer arrived as planned fixed the pc and I have been playing games with my jaw firmly planted on the floor for nearly 2 weeks now.
Nice one evesham you have done all that you promised at the original point of sale and I would not hesitate to buy from you again (or recommend you to others).

Ivor_Monkey 13:45 13 Oct 03

I'm glad that the machine has been sorted by Evesham. Could you say how this was done?

no1ghoul 17:05 13 Oct 03

When the engineer (Chris) came out he changed motherboard, memory, processor and graphics card so I am afraid I cannot be too specific, it would seem to be "one of those things" but the point of the thread was more to show how some manufacturer's do seem to care about the customer after they have had the customers money.
A practice all too rare nowadays.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…