Good customer service :-)

byfordr 11:46 20 Jul 04

Recently brought 4 copies of 2003 Britannica cd deluxe edition for a bargain price. On the boxes it says you can update it via the web. Not so :-(
Contacted Britannica customer services, and they have sent out 4 replacement copies of 2004 Britannica cd deluxe edition which do update free of charge :-) Top stuff! Minimum hassle, maximum customer service.

click here

R

Stuartli 14:26 20 Jul 04

Well yes that's true, but no matter what you paid for the originals they were still sold on a false pretext.

Your entitlement has been more than covered and that is, as you say, good service.

byfordr 14:56 20 Jul 04

To be fair was only expecting a refund at must, so must say am chuffed! They tried to put the update down as a "product update" as opposed to content which I would have expected...still went above and beyond as far as I'm concerned :-)

Sadly all companies are not like this. Currently having hassle returning a faulty graphics card which I've never been able to get working dispite other graphics working on the same system (and testing it on 4 other systems) Company agreed to a refund have sat on it for several months and are now trying to returning it again. grhhhhhhhhhh!

R

spuds 15:15 20 Jul 04

I remember Britannica sales,when it was a suitcase full of books, and someone knocking the door. How things change. Still a good company though.

byfordr 22:46 20 Jul 04

you can still get them, pretty chunky discount if you buy the electronic version.

click here is supposed to eclipse Britannica for content free as well.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac