Good Cheap Monitor...?? ideas

IanR2 09:59 02 Jan 04

hi can anyone recommend a good cheap monitor maybe 17",its for my G/f's brother on his old system
Cheers for any info

Forum Editor 12:20 02 Jan 04

"good" and "cheap" don't often appear in the same sentence in monitor reviews - it's very much an area in which you get what you pay for - although there are exceptions to every rule.

click here and take a look at what's available - no recommendations from me though, except to buy the best monitor you can possibly afford in terms of resolution/refresh rates, and couple it with a decent video card.

You only have one pair of eyes.

Stuartli 13:31 02 Jan 04

This company is a management organisation and sells pre-owned computer equipment used in business etc at very low prices on an individual or by the pallet load basis!

click here

My son acquired a 21in pre-owned Dell monitor for £110 including delivery from them; smaller sizes are obviously cheaper.

He's delighted with the monitor which has a cracking display - it's almost certainly a rebadged Sony or Mitsubishi model.

Just be warned that if you do use the company, it undertakes careful security measures before accepting a first order, to ensure that you are who you say you are..:-)

After that you just place orders in the usual way.

alan K 13:44 02 Jan 04

alan K 13:47 02 Jan 04

are you sure about the web site that you put up?

disregard my message above, slip of the return key, lol

IanR2 13:54 02 Jan 04

"Just be warned that if you do use the company, it undertakes careful security measures before accepting a first order, to ensure that you are who you say you are..:-)"Cheers Stuartli what are you trying to say..? :)

PurplePenny 14:15 02 Jan 04

OK you've picqued our interest - now end the suspense and give us the real link :-)

Stuartli 14:20 02 Jan 04 for another query....

This is the proper link:

click here

The security measures include sending a copy of a utility bill etc prior to your first order being accepted.

I had a standup row with one member of staff, pointing out it was the first time anything of this nature had happened to me in eight years of ordering online.

I added that I had provided all the credentials required with regard to my credit card etc.

But she insisted it was company policy and, as it was being ordered on behalf of my son, I eventually gave in. But the language got a bit heated at times although I regretted this later...:-)

Stuartli 14:24 02 Jan 04

Only seem to have 17in models (various brands) at present:

click here

Stuartli 14:31 02 Jan 04

You could buy a (choice of) pallet of four 17in monitors for not much more than around £125 including delivery and VAT and sell three of them to cover the one you choose...:-))

They include iiyama VisionMaster models.

A pallet of 12 is £241...

click here

Simsy 22:18 03 Jan 04

click here 18 months ago.

I had bougth a monitor for a system I built for my son. When I had a problem with the monitor a couple of months after getting it I spoke to them on the phone and they changed it with no quibble, renewing the guarantee to start from the date of excahnge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…