Good broadband / landline deals

Diodorus Siculus 08:55 08 Jul 08

We are looking for a broadband / telephone deal for a new flat. It is in a Virginmedia area so that is possible but we don't want tv.

Who might be best to go with? The BB will be used very little I expect and the phone will be used mostly evening / weekends.

Cheers, Dio

Technotiger 09:17 08 Jul 08

If in UK, I would thoroughly recommend BT. I have BT Broadband Option3 which provided me with a very good reliable Free BT HomeHub Version1.5 (Version 1.0 is NOT reliable) and BT Broadband Talk Telphone (Free evening and weekend calls and cheaper calls during day-light hours).

I know plenty of people poo-poo BT, but I have been with them for years, and have nothing but praise for all the good service I have had.

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 08 Jul 08

Thanks - yes, in the UK - West London as it happens.

I've always used BT and have been happy with it. Just wondered if there were any cheaper options available for my friends as money is tight with a mortgage on a new flat at the moment.

Technotiger 09:32 08 Jul 08

Cheaper? Yes, if they go for the cheaper Options 1 or 2, I think that at the moment they might even still get the Free HomeHub and BB Talk Telephone.
Give BT a call on their Freephone number, I am sure they will be happy to provide details. Or go to the BT site for the latest info.

spuds 10:12 08 Jul 08
  Diodorus Siculus 14:37 08 Jul 08

Cheers all. Much appreciated.

Stuartli 17:39 08 Jul 08

You'll not beat TalkTalk for sheer value for money. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…