GoldenElectronics, is it worth the money?

Arkeneaver 21:03 25 Sep 06

Ive found my perfect pc on this site for just over 1,200 including a monitor and this is the cheapest i have found so far, is this online store good enough to hit that all important button?
The specs are as follows:
Processor: AMD64 Athlon X2 4200+ 1Mb cache AM2
Memory: 2.0GB DDR2 533mhz (2 x 1GB)
Hard Disk Drive: 300GB S-ATA2 3.0Gb/s 16MB buffer (Recommended)
Second Hard Disk Drive: None
Optical Drive: 16x Double-Layer DVD+/-RW
Second Optical Drive: 16x/48x DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo (Recommended)
Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 7900GTX PCI-E 512MB DDR3 Dual DVI/TV (Recommended)
Floppy Disk Drive: 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive (Recommended)
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
Software: Norton Anti-Virus 2006 (12 months subscription)
Sound card: Audigy Soundblaster 7.1 24-bit
Accessories: Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse (Recommended)
Internet and Networking: PCI Wireless 802.11G card
Warranty: 3 Years Titanium Warranty
Case: Thermaltake Aguila
PSU: 600W Enermax SLI PSU

There is also another site called Vantage computers, they do relativly similar pcs but of a slightly higher spec for a slightly higher price, however, they offer a 750 watt power unit which may be useful for further upgrades.

What should i do?

Diodorus Siculus 21:41 25 Sep 06

Forums - Golden Electronics, any good?? - PC Advisor
click here

Forums - Golden Electronics - components? - PC Advisor
click here

Forums - Anyone know anything about Golden Electronics? - PC Advisor
click here

BrassTacks 20:48 28 Sep 06

Don't bother with Golden Electronics if your thinking about them, the AMD 4200x2 is out of stock (i know I ordered one, and I was told today, but only after waiting 2 weeks and chasing it up twice).

Arkeneaver 08:28 29 Sep 06

Hmm ok, thanks for the advice
At the momment, im contacting a local PC shop to see whether they can get their hands on compatable components and they build the pc, that way i know that i wont have to wait weeks for delivery. Im confident that the PC wont go wrong as long as i check everything is in order before i use it, usually, the only problems are loose components or they havnt been upgraded.

gupdana 18:14 11 Oct 06

I bought a gaming PC from golden electronics 2 Months ago with a 4600X2 delivered in 6 working days it runs very fast!

You dont need anything more than 600W for a Gaming PC and you can have 4 graphics cards in Sli with an enermax without any slowing down

pacman29 11:18 18 Oct 06

All take note - beware of Golden electronics. They have a county court judgement just issued. They have taken their phone number of the site so you can only contact by email. There are loads of bad postings on the web. And worst of all, they are now so desperate that they have posted a fake website made by them which is supposed to look like an independent site saying they are the best. This is the site click here . PC Advisor should investigate this as it could be described as slander against every other PC company mentioned.

Look at this forum and decide for yourself:-

click here

DanielMelehi 23:28 28 Nov 06

The previous post was written by none other than the owner of a competitor company!

Bailey08787 16:04 29 Nov 06

I haven't read the many threads on Golden Electronics in much detail, but just the name always reminds me of Gultronics, the Tottenham Court Road cowboys.

Maybe Golden Electronics are an offshoot.

terryf 16:12 29 Nov 06

Have a look at click here

tramiel 20:55 02 Feb 07

Caviot Emptor

The service I recieved from this Company was disgraceful.
No appologies and the personal dishonest replies was just abhorrent.
If you want to defend yourself I can post all the email dealings, delays, fauly parts ,damaged casings, Monitor blown pixels etc, and we can let the readers decide. I dont care if you sell 20,000 pc's a month, its still no reason to have the pooriest customer service I have witnessed during my lifetime.
To sum up Golden Electronics>
1. Very Poor Service
2. Lots of Untruths told (eg you state all PC's are stress tested before dispach- How did you stress test mine when no graphics card drivers had ever been installed?)
3. Unprofessional
I could go on but people will see from other posts just how bad GE really are.

IClaudio 22:54 02 Feb 07

FE
Is this commercial to-ing and fro-ing within the spirit of the Forum Rules?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5