Gold star to Staples.

tamc98 21:02 16 Jan 06

I popped into Staples yesterday to pick up some storage boxes. Whilst there I over heard a conversation between another customer and member of staff.

It goes like this:

Cust': "Excuse me mate".

Staff: "Yes sir".

Cust': "I bought this about six months ago and it's stoppped working. I've got the reciept, how do I go about getting it exchanged".

Staff: Looks at the reciept and the box before saying "Just go and get another off the shelf and take it to the checkout with your reciept and the faulty one".

Customer get's the replacement wireless router and goes to the check out where he is asked to sign a returns note and given a new reciept and an apology for the faulty router.

I pay for my boxes and leave knowing I've shopped at the right place.

After six months what sort of response would other large high street supplier have given, contact manufacturer would be my guess. Gold star to Staples.

rmcqua 21:18 16 Jan 06

Excellent. I used to use Staples a lot when I lived in the USA and their service was always impeccable. Nice to see that their company ethos extends to "us over here".

Sir Radfordin 22:44 16 Jan 06

Always good when a retailer obeys the law and meets the conditions of the sale. If only it wasn't such a rare thing that we felt the need to hand out gold stars when it does happen.

Stuartli 23:08 16 Jan 06

My local Staples staff are always helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

The store ran out of a recent special offer on Epson photo glossy paper and, even though the new stock was being delivered after the offer ended, a staff member later kept a promise to let me have what I required at the offer price.

That's why I use such outlets on a frequent basis.

tamc98 23:21 16 Jan 06

Sir Fadfodin.

Couldn't agree more. A bit of positive reinforcement never did any harm though.

Tony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…