Going LARGE at the sales, etc...

STREETWORK 21:40 28 Dec 08

Having had a couple of items from Marks and Spencer which were a size too small, medium, I was of today to change them for LARGE.

Now is it me or does the large size not exist?

Everywhere i looked the only sizes were small and medium and on the odd occaision XXL.

So instead of trying to find the size to fit I looked around the sale items, again only small or medium and, you guessed it, XXL.

This was all the same in other shops only small, medium and XXL...

So where did all the LARGE go?...

curofone 21:55 28 Dec 08

Well sales generally are times for shop to get rid of all their old stock so they have room for the next seasons stuff so I am guessing that the most popular size in shops these days is large and therefore probably sold before the sales began and now is time to get rid of all the less popular sizes

dagnammit 00:41 29 Dec 08

Large and XL are the most popular sizes.

Which why I never get anything at the sales... :(

anchor 09:57 29 Dec 08

Were they a gift, or did you get them yourself?.

We always enclose the sales receipt with the gift of an item of clothing. This enables the person to change it.

Go again to M&S and ask for a refund. You can then buy the right size when new stock arrives.

spuds 11:02 29 Dec 08

As already been pointed out, the most popular sizes and fits are the first items off the racks. I do tend to find that sizing can vary even in the same product, and have proved this on a number of occasions by doing a comparison test. Depending on what and where you purchase can result in a difference, even on items marked XL or XXL. I think this why most stores now operate an exchange policy.

One thing that I would mention, is when selecting an item, make sure that it is correctly packed or with all tags etc. Recently I purchased an item of clothing, only to find on checking the item at home (for fit), it had been a returns, and it would have appeared to have just been put back in stock by the store before checking for faults. That resulted in a wasteful return journey a few days later, when a replacement was not available, so a refund was given (with further hassle).

You may also find that some stores replace without objection, when other stores will not, especially if the item looks 'slightly worn' after an holiday period or weekend.My local M&S tried to argue on this point once, they lost!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…