go wireless ?

jarani 21:12 09 Aug 06

has anyone got experience of click here

they appear to offer to supply the hardware installed and guaranteed for 12 months - integrated secure ADSL modem, firewall & router + PCI/PC card/ USB for from £70

it may be of interest to some folk - would that be a good value ? - jarani

jarani 21:40 09 Aug 06

FE - should this be in networking please ? -jarani

ade.h 22:33 09 Aug 06

You're in the right place, as it's a retailer question. I have never used that company and don't know of anyone who has, but....

What is it really offering? Network equipment is very easy to set up and you have a guarantee plus your consumer rights regardless of what you purchase. It is not really worth the extra outlay when a fully-featured router such as a 3Com can be bought with a bundled USB adapter for around £45.

jarani 23:33 09 Aug 06

ade.h - can you please point me to a website - jarani

beeuuem 01:17 10 Aug 06

For one click here

ade.h 13:49 10 Aug 06

Dabs or Novatech (good tech specs) or Misco.

ade.h 15:15 10 Aug 06

Did you want any specific model recommendations, by the way?

jarani 22:40 12 Aug 06

ade.h - yes please - jarani

ade.h 23:09 12 Aug 06

For ADSL, I would recommend click here, click here, click here (ignore the mixed reviews - I have used loads of these) or if you want something really top-draw click here

If you need a USB adapter, the first product is available in a bundle with a very good PCMCIA click here or USB click here. Otherwise, I would suggest that you take as much care when choosing an adapter as you would with the router. If you can afford it, this is excellent for its reception click here. Don't skimp on a good adapter.

If you need a PCI wireless card, note that most cards under £30 do not support WPA or WPA2, which is frankly essential. click here for about the cheapest decent WPA-ready PCI adapter.

jarani 20:59 13 Aug 06

ade.h - many thanks - i have gone for the 3com ADSL router - seems good spec and value - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…