glossy A4 photo paper?

flying grouse 21:03 23 Jun 04

what's the best place to get decent glossy paper I've had a search but wondered what you would recommend..................:)

pj123 21:28 23 Jun 04

Well, the best place that I know is Choice Stationery at click here that is where I buy all my special paper and ink from.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:39 23 Jun 04

Staples are flogging 2 packs of kodak for the price of one.

toxin 22:02 23 Jun 04

I agree with pj123.

Try their Fotojet range. I use the Pro Satin on my 4year old Canon printer and its superb.
haven't had a bad sheet yet, which is more than can be said for Kodak and others.

terryr48 22:46 23 Jun 04

I also agree with pj123-have been using Choice for all my inks, paper and cd labels. excellent service too. The last lot of kodak paper I bought(just because it was buy one get one free) was rubbish.

pj123 22:55 23 Jun 04

I also have some Kodak paper called "Kodak Everyday Picture Paper" for inkjet prints. I wouldn't call it rubbish but I only use it for testing purposes, as it is nowhere as good as the paper from Choice. I also have some Ilford paper but couldn't call that good either.

terryr48 23:10 23 Jun 04

Perhaps rubbish wads a bit strong but let's just say I won't be buying kodak paper anymore

terryr48 23:11 23 Jun 04

Whoops-should read "was a bit strong"

anchor 09:22 24 Jun 04

Make sure that the paper you choose is satisfactory for your printer. The label might say it is suitable, but it may not be the case.

In my experience many papers do not work well with all printers; in fact some are awful. It probably depends on the type of ink used.

wags 13:31 24 Jun 04

Anchor's advice is sound. Try different manufacturer's papers and you will be surprised at how the results vary.

I find that PC World is a good place to buy as they often seem to have a 2 for 1 type of deal. Also, 7 Day Shop have some good prices.

I personally favour Ilford and Fuji papers, which work a treat with my Canon i850.I bought 80 A4 sheets of Fuji paper recently at PC World at half price...which was nice.

shifty 20:17 24 Jun 04

Have a look at click here 50 sheets + 20 sheets free for £11.99. Have bought plenty from them and it's excellent quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…