Gladiator computers - Derby

opta55 09:49 27 Nov 03

I have been looking at this excellent website & am thinking of ordering a PC with specified components for them to build & deliver to me.Does anyone out there have any experience of their products,reliability,build quality etc

plankton 15:34 27 Nov 03

I've had a look click here
I might be tempted to go and have a look as it's not too distant (makes a change!), seem reasonably priced, but no idea about's quite a good site though, very easy to find things.

Lok 16:12 27 Nov 03

I've also been looking around recently and read most of the threads in this forum (and others) about Mesh/Evesham and other suppliers etc.

Although, I haven't checked out Gladiator I finally plumped for a Holly Computer - and I must say the the service I've had so far is excellent (After sending a number of companies questions about how long they had been established, there service levels etc) - Holly responded quickly and eased any concerns I had.

My advice is to ask the potential supplier if they can put you in touch with ex-customers or at least ask them some basic questions about the company.

If you want to check out Holly try click here

smegs 13:30 28 Nov 03

Hello. I live just outside Derby. A friend of mine, built his own Pc, all parts from Gladiator. He has had no problems as yet. I would say go for it.

plantzzman 18:12 29 Nov 03

I live in Derby.Cannot say I have ever heard of them myself so will have to check out the website.

Dekka123 00:28 30 Nov 03

I have an external hard disk which I purchased from Gladiator and my dealings with them were great. I had a couple of simple queries with them just after I bought it and there tech support were very good and went to great legnths to answer all my queries. I would certainly recomend them

Stuartli 10:51 30 Nov 03

The problem with a question like this is that there are literally dozens of similar outlets throughout the UK.

You need to be lucky, as you have here, to come across forum members who live in the area concerned and have personal experience of an outlet.

Mesh, Evesham etc sell thousands of computer systems a year and almost certainly 98-99 per cent of customers are delighted with their purchase.

You rarely hear from them but you do from the small number who are disatisfied or experience problems - hence companies' reputations take a battering that is undeserved.

I bought a Mesh system in September on hehalf of an 81-year-old friend. It was delivered on the day promised, worked straight out of the box after the usual setting up and has done so ever since.

That's despite the fact that the lady concerned is still finding her feet computer wise, although making exceptional progress....

monty34 00:26 24 Sep 04

Hi, I bought an AMD ATHLON XP2600 cpu from them, ordered it tue afternoon, it arrived wed morning and that was to N.Ireland! Havent tried it yet though but its the quickest delivery by far.Still waiting on stuff from dabs ordered at the same time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…