Give credit where it's due !

Exkirker 18:24 27 May 09

Maybe others will benefit from the following cautionary tale. A customer of Serif since 2001, I wanted to order an item today, using up the credit balance (£8 odds) on my account from a broken DVD
and paying the difference, only to be told my credit(from last November) had expired. They say I was given a cut off date for using up this credit , but I don't recall seeing it. Then when I protested, they reinstated the credit - but not the postage element (about £3) though they'd previously agreed to include this in the total due to me. They were "unable" to pass a message to the customer services supervisor but told me I could call back and ask for him by his first name which they supplied. They declined to give a surname.
When I did call back, predictably he was "on a call" and I was invited to hold or call back. I chose not to wait any longer.
To lose a loyal customer for £3 seems crazy, especially in today's economic climate. What do others think?

Forum Editor 18:29 27 May 09

if you persevere and speak to the supervisor he'll reinstate the £3, then you won't lose it and they won't lose you. You might put it to him that way, just in case he misses the point.

Exkirker 18:38 27 May 09

Thanks Editor, I will persevere.

BT 08:00 28 May 09

Maybe he will get the £3 back but unless its a Freephone number its hardly worth it if they keep you hanging on for any length of time.

chub_tor 10:11 28 May 09

Just like Exkirker I have been a loyal user of Serif Products (in fact all the way back to PagePlus 1). Over the years I have bought hundreds of pounds worth of their software, usually buying the version before the latest when they reduce the price to £9.95.

I have had to return the occasional product (most recently PaperPort 11 bundled with FontManager which just didn't like working with one of my installed programmes). When I called to get the RMA number I made sure that they would credit my card with the price including the postage - there was some humming and harring and "I'll ask my supervisor," but it was finally agreed and they kept to their word.

I have recommended Serif to lots of family and friends and their only complaint is the persistency of their sales contacts who make 'phone calls, send offers through the post and also email offers. All these can be successfully stopped if you ask them to, but sometimes it is good to know what the latest version is.

Incidentally Serif does have a freephone number for Sales.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple