Getting technical support from Watford Electronics

Mixbex 14:51 08 Feb 03

When my monitor went bang and started to smoke from within its casing I thought dont worry its still under warranty.Watford Electronics promise to respond to technical help E.Mails within 24 hours. I have been waiting for a reply now for 5 days and they have not responded to my mountain of EM complaints.
I have tried to telephone but there is always more than five calls in front of me or they do not have an operator to take calls.
Does anyone know how to overcome this poor customer service or if you have had the same trouble then please tell me and pc advisor (who recommend watford acording to the advert in their magazine)

-pops- 15:01 08 Feb 03

Send a snail mail letter by Special Delivery to someone in authority at Savastore/Watford. At one time the MD used his name and picture on their ads. Send the letter to him if he still does that.

Next stage is to contact your local Trading Standards department but give Watford a chance to respond first.

Note the Special Delivery part is important. It has to be signed for so you can prove thay have got it.

Eagie 15:13 08 Feb 03

My personal experience of Watford is not good either. Having waited for a network cable for two weeks (one week of which their system said it was 'being picked') I e-mailed them through their system with no response. I then cancelled their order - no response. The item finally turned up so I e-mailed them to return it - no response.

Every time I have phoned their customer service line I have been ninth in the queue and have waited over 1/2 an hour just to make it to the lofty position of 5th!

I think I may have to follow -pops- advice and send it back to them special delivery and request a full refund.

I think magazines have to take some responsibility for the adverts they publish - not that I am suggesting that they vet all companies. But if they receive a number of complaints about a particular firm then maybe some action could be taken like banning them from advertising for half a year. If all the PC magazines formed an alliance with a "banned from one, banned from all" approach then companies would have to take note.

I use and and they have been a lot more reliable. That said I haven't needed to return anything to them yet.

anchor 17:26 08 Feb 03

The MD of Watford Electronics is Mr. Shiraz Jessa

Watford Electronics Ltd., Jessa House, Finway, Luton, Beds. LU1.1WE

(As given in a current PC Magazine).

spuds 21:34 08 Feb 03

On two occassions recently, I had cause to email Watford Electronics concerning their weekly special offer emails.On both occassions I received a very comprehensive reply within 48 hours.

BLH 22:17 08 Feb 03

If they think you are going to buy goods they will answer you. Once brought and any problems >> tough. they just ignor you.
I don't use them anymore.

ajm 22:37 08 Feb 03
  -pops- 06:58 09 Feb 03

Personally, I wouldn't waste time emailing again, even if it is to the MD. He is just as capable of ignoring emails as his staff seem to be.

There are still many occasions where good old fashioned low tech methods are better - this is one of them - by using the Royal Mail postal service. If, or when, push comes to shove in this you will have proof that the letter has been received. Something you don't get with an email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…