//some 3rd party need geo

Getting out of a Broadband contract

trevpearson 23:42 23 Feb 05

I'm with Onetel (no problems at all). However, BT are ofering 2Mb Broadband for £1 more than Onetel's 512K service. I've got another 7 months of the 12 month Onetel contract to run.

2MB BT v 512K Onetel, no contest (I think). Any advice on how to ditch one and go to t'other?

Trev

Totally-braindead 23:45 23 Feb 05

If you signed up on a one year contract then you can't just ditch it. You'll have to wait the year.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:02 24 Feb 05

If you are just surfing you will notice little difference. If you are downloading or uploading make another coffee.

G

spuds 12:38 24 Feb 05

Contracts can offer both good and bad things for the parties involved, but it is the small print that is the final deciding factor. And who reads this small print any way, possibly the legal people, but very few consumers I would guess.

I know my B/B contract as a let-out clause, but to implement that, I would need to move soul,body and house to another area, which doesn't use the same telephone number :o(

Cybermaxx 11:04 26 Feb 05

Read the "small print" of your Onetel contract. When I signed with Pipex I knew that if I bailed out before the first year was up I would have to pay £58 for the modem. It might be something similar for Onetel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…