Generosity of Dell

ventanas 16:51 29 Nov 05

Just thought it would make a change to praise someone on here. I have just ordered 20 computers from Dell. After costing it up on their web site I rang their sales office to place the order. Having been a previous customer I was asked to wait a short while so they could sort out the price. I was amazed when they came back to me with a £60 reduction on the web price for each computer. A massive £1200 reduction in total for the full order. I can't see any other supplier being as generous as this.

dth 17:08 29 Nov 05

It is good to hear eraed a positive posting.

Charlemagne 17:26 29 Nov 05

Dell are currently offering free delivery worth £60 on computers.
Dell Germany are claiming that they can beat the price of the Aldi MD8800 with their Dimension 9150. It is hard to see this because the Dimension is bundled with a monitor and printer.

spuds 17:56 29 Nov 05

I recently priced up a Dimension 1100 system.Taking three different codes that I was able to obtain, I found the top price to the lowest price for the same specifications was equivalent to nearly £130.00 in difference.This was done via delivery,extra ram and basic discount charges.

I do not know how try this is, but it would appear that certain sales record targets can achieve better reductions, depending on the day the order is placed, and the sales person's initiative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…