Geforce Graphics Card

jaketimothy 11:29 26 Aug 03

I have a Compaq Presario 5000 model 5146ea Internet PC running windows ME - you can find my computer spec click here

I was advised to upgrade my system's graphics card in order to boost system performance, especially when playing some of the latest games.

I was told to buy the Ti4600 Graphics Card, but the item seems to have been discontinued by most online stores and so is no longer available for purchase.

As you can see from my system spec my motherboard only supports 2x / 4x and is kt133.

Is it possible to upgrade my graphics card to something that will do a fairly decent job at playing some of the latest games, is compatible with my compaq system, without replacing my motherboard?

Also, is it possible to get a card that supports direcx 9 on my system?

Thanks in advance,

jake.

PªūĽ ? ♂ 15:23 26 Aug 03

I run a geforce 4 TI 4200 on a machine of similair spec and I have no problems, You could put a direct X 9 compatible card in there if you wished to do so although you may not see it perform at its best without a 3ghz CPU and DDR ram.

sil_ver 16:03 26 Aug 03

I have the same Ti4200 128DDR. It's a brilliant card, and cheap, I haven't found a game yet that wouldn't run on it and I run mostly FPSs which keep it busy. I might be wrong but I don't think many games have been written yet to take full advantage of DX9.

malgall 18:04 26 Aug 03

you may find the 4200 is no longer on the shelves if so remember 5200, 5200 ultra
the 5600, 5600 ultra have been made to replace them
which one to buy depends how much you have to spend.
it is true dx 9 games i not about yet and like most people you are unlikly to be able to use them anyway also agp it does not matter an agp 8 will work in agp 4 or agp 2 in fact the speed increase over agp 4 is low.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…