GeForce 7950 GX2 1024MB Graphics Card

kiddgame2000 08:41 07 Jun 06

I was wondering if anyone knows, does this card run on any pci-express motherboard, i.e if i have a pci-express slot on my motherboard is it just a matter of plugging the card in or would some work with the bios and stuff like that be needed.

I have a

ASUS A8N-SLI: DUAL DDR, S-ATA, 2 x x16 VGA, 3 PCI

Its a tempting card to buy because if its compatable with my motherboard i can add a second one sometime in the future.

Any thoughts?

Mr Mistoffelees 08:52 07 Jun 06

Make sure you have enough room for it in your pc's case as it is a very long card, and that your psu is up to it. Other than that, and the huge price, I see no problem.

kiddgame2000 08:56 07 Jun 06

The power supply is an sli power supply, 550W i think so it should be fine.

Buying one of these would be an investment for the future because as i said you can always buy a second one in a years time for half the price.

Im not sure however if i will buy one its just a thought at the minute.

gudgulf 09:33 07 Jun 06

Nvidia quote that a 400W psu is adequate.......they also quote 28 Amps on the 12v rail or if you have a twin 12v setup then 14 Amps on the dedicated graphics feed.

Have a look at this review click here It not only details recommended power requirements but makes whole system measurements of actual power consumption.

Space wise the card needs a double slot but is 9cm shorter than the 7900GTX......more case friendly but still a huge card.

gudgulf 09:39 07 Jun 06

Reguards to the future....read the review in the link I gave you.

The problems are...DirectX 10 just around the corner and Quad SLI (ie 2 7959GX2 card) is not really supported so the benefit is not so great over basic sli.It's covered in the review.

Other than that,if you want to play all games up to the DirectX10 generation at full on settings then it's a fantastic card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…