Garmin Street Pilot C310

rawprawn 15:25 17 Apr 09

Does anyone know where I might buy a second hand SD Card covering Europe for my Sat nav.
We are going to France for 2 weeks and I don't want to spend a lot.

Al94 16:16 17 Apr 09

I dont think you can, the maps have to be unlocked for a single Garmin unit, Garmin charge around £60 for the latest Europe maps.

rawprawn 16:34 17 Apr 09

I found this one (New) £49.95
click here
as far as I can see it doesn't say anything about unlocking, unless you need to do it online to update.
Thanks anyway it may save me a problem.

anchor 08:29 20 Apr 09

It seems that this is a genuine offer for a new card. I assume you have a model listed on this page.

click here

If in doubt, give them a call. Have a good trip.

As mentioned above, you could NOT use a second hand one.

rawprawn 08:49 20 Apr 09

Hi anchor, thanks for that although it is the same site as the one I found (see my link)
I think I shall have to go for that one although we don't leave until May. We are staying in the wilds of the Tarn, and I hope to do some walking and fishing, but finding the place might be a bit difficult.

anchor 13:41 20 Apr 09

rawprawn: Every summer we make an extensive tour of France, covering over 2000mls. I would not be without my SatNav,(TomTom).

I recall the past when we did it on paper maps alone, and got lost from time to time. The worst was when in a large city, and trying to find our way out in the right direction. Finding small villages can be tricky too, especially if you don`t speak French.

May I suggest a visit to Cordes-sur-ciel if you have the time. The picturesque old town is perched on top of a hill, (be prepared for a climb). I took a panorama shot last summer when we stopped for lunch:

click here

The principal city of the region is Albi; worth a visit if only to see the Cathedral and museum of Toulouse-Lautrec. Some pictures, (not mine), here:

click here

rawprawn 14:03 20 Apr 09

Thanks for the tip, we are staying click here near Lauzerte.
We had already decided to visit Albi where we may be able to meet up with friends who have lived in Lorgues (Var)for about 15 years.
We could perhaps combine Albi and Cordes-sur-ciel.
Although we have rented a Gite, I don't really mind staying away in a hotel for an odd night.
I have a friend who has a Tom Tom covering Europe but he is in the USA until Thursday, so when he returns I may "Lean on him"
I do speak a little French (I used to do business in France) but it is now very rusty.

anchor 15:49 20 Apr 09

Albi and Cordes sur ciel are only 15mls apart along a good road, so with luck you should be able to combine the two. You can park in the square of the new Town; climb up the hill, or take "le petit train" to the top.

May I make another suggestion; one your way to or from the gite, consider a stop at Rocamadour; it`s a remarkable place and certainly worth a visit. It is not far off the A20.

click here

rawprawn 16:45 20 Apr 09

Yes, I know it thanks. we stayed at Hôtel Restaurant Les Vieilles Tours very nice place.

anchor 09:16 04 May 09

I came across this official site of the French Government listing petrol prices throughout France; might be useful.

click here

rawprawn 09:28 04 May 09

Thanks for that, I see Diesel is still cheaper than the UK. Although I don't expect to use a lot, we are flying to Toulouse and have rented a car.
I have bought the Garmin France and Benelux SD Card so we should be OK, we leave at the end of this month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…