Gaming PC Upgrading Priority list

bambam22 12:56 18 Nov 13
Answered

Ok guys i am looking to upgrade my gaming rig piece by piece over the next few months and wanted an opinion on the priority for upgrading.

Current spec

Operating System - Windows 7 home prenium 64 bit

CPU - amd FX - 8120 Zambezi 32mm Tech

Ram - 16GB dual channel DDR3

Motherboard - Asus M5A78L-m/USB 3 AM3R2

Graphics - 1023MB NVIDIA geforce GTX 550 Ti

Hard Drives - 1TB HDD Seagate

I am currently playing BF4 and COD Ghosts and am noticing lag on the load screens, basically if i play ceretain maps i miss the first round of the game due to loading times.

Hence the reason to want to upgrade.

I have already purchased a SSD but have yet to install it, do u think this will help?

My other plan was to buy a second NVIDIA geforce GTX 550 Ti and SLI t them, coul dpick the card up for a s l;ittle as £50 so may be a cheap upgrade option.

Failing all this my plan is to upgrade the rig piece by piece, so i guess my question is what parts would you replace in my rig, and once taken out what would you put back in.

Cheers for the advice in advance.

Mike

retep888™ 14:31 19 Nov 13
Answer

<< My other plan was to buy a second NVIDIA geforce GTX 550 Ti and SLI t them, coul dpick the card up for a s l;ittle as £50 so may be a cheap upgrade option. >>

Don't SLI two weak GPUs (it'll probably give you 10-15% performance boost), you'd be better off selling the GTX 550ti & get a GTX 760 instead.

<< I have already purchased a SSD but have yet to install it, do u think this will help? >>

Yes indeed, loading time will be much improved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…