Gaming PC Advice (Professional or Experiance Knowledge Only Please)

Edemardil 13:22 PM 23 Oct 11

I have been running games on my laptop since I moved outside of my country (Left the Xbox 360 home) so I figured it was time to buy a new PC that I can game on. I run LOTRO (lowest settings) fine on this laptop but playing games like Portal 1 and 2 and other Steam games (I want Skyrim pretty bad and Dead Island) is almost impossible. I think the Total War series works fine for me and even that´s on lowest settings. So, I'm not on a huge budget and I am sure most anything will run better than what I've got now. Here is what I was looking at. Do you think any of these three would be good for holding a few games (at least 10)like LOTRO full specs, Skyrim full specs, Portal 1 and 2, L4D, Amnesia (which I still cant play because of specs) Dead Island or are these low end PCs with low end systems?

Cal

Forum Editor 13:30 PM 23 Oct 11

"(Professional or Experiance Knowledge Only Please)"

This is free advice computer forum - you don't get to pick who responds to your question.

It might help if you provided us with some information about "these three", so we can comment.

Edemardil 14:48 PM 23 Oct 11

Sorry all! Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/6hlx5cz

RE: Mr or Miss Forum Editor, That was a polite way of saying 'If you do not know what your are talking about, please do not reply' though You are 100% correct with your less than polite response. I assume that because it is free advice I can also post what I want in the thread and title as long as it isn't outside the lines of the TOS? None the less thanks for the spot check on the link.

birdface 15:08 PM 23 Oct 11

Edemardil

[I can also post what I want in the thread and title as long as it isn't outside the lines of the TOS?]

Of course you can but whether you would get any response may be a different question.

Forum Editor 16:33 PM 23 Oct 11

My response was factual, not less than polite.

This is a computer help forum, contributed to by people who give freely of their time. Neither you nor I have any way of knowing whether responses come from people who know what they're talking about.

Your link doesn't work, by the way.

birdface 22:31 PM 23 Oct 11

Forum Editor

Link works for me. Order from,United States | Canada | China.

Forum Editor 22:49 PM 23 Oct 11

buteman

That's interesting. I've tried the link on three machines in Chrome,IE9,Firefox and Safari, and all of them produce the same result, which is 'Unable to open the web-page at www.dpbolvw.net'

birdface 00:03 AM 24 Oct 11

Nope it starts with this.http://www.newegg.com/

X7-250 00:17 AM 24 Oct 11

dpbolvw.net is part of the redirect, and will be blocked for anyone using the mvps HOSTS file.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things