Gaming PC £500 to spend

Jameslayer 19:32 23 Nov 08

Hi I am looking to get a new PC for gaming as my old one is showing its age and has no upgrade potential.

I have looked at several sites and tbh I get bogged down in options and I am not sure whats best.

I am looking for a PC that will run the newer games(well as good as you can for 500). Must have room for future upgrades in all areas. And good customer services would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

James

PS I looked at getting the chilliblast that had came top in the PCA survey but each time they have ever increased the cost or changed the specs.

rustyboy 21:05 23 Nov 08

Is it just the box you are after or do you need a screen as well?

Jameslayer 21:12 23 Nov 08

I have a crt its massive in a badway so getting a new monitor would be nice but could wait or see about putting some more money in for a package that includes one.

rustyboy 22:24 23 Nov 08

I think you will struggle to get a machine with a screen for £500.00 that will play modern games to any decent level.
Can you give me an idea of the type of games you mean. Are you refering to the online mmorpgs that are so popular at present like WoW, War , LoTRo etc or stand alone games that you just play yourself?
Two sites that are highly recommended for people to purchase from are
click here
and
click here.

Give me a bit more of an idea as to the type of games and hopefully i can give you a better idea as to the specifications you'll be looking at.

curofone 23:24 23 Nov 08

If you are ok at buying just the base unit then what bout the medion that has been spoken about in these forums click here direct link click here

It has got the specs to play all the games on the market at the moment and i have not seen anything that comes close to that spec for £500 plus you do get the 3 year warranty with this machine.

Jameslayer 00:14 24 Nov 08

that looks preaty good. any idea how u stand for upgrading it if tyou get the one from aldi?

Jameslayer 00:19 24 Nov 08

Multimedia PC MEDION AKOYA P7300 D
each £499.99 *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powerful Quad Core processor
Intel® Core™2 Quad processor Q8200 (2.33GHz, 4 MB cache, FSB 1333MHz). Impressive power and speed – the new Intel® Quad Core technology provides both. With four cores the Intel® Core™2 Quad manages multitasking effortlessly and in the blink of an eye.

Huge memory
4GB DDR2-RAM, Dual Channel Mode.2

Massive storage capacity
1000GB hard disk (Serial ATA 2, 16 MB cache). For storing more than 200,000 music tracks/photos or 600 hours of TV recordings.1

High performance graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600GT (512MB GDDR3 RAM with HDMI and DVI output). For unmatched realism with multimedia applications, movie playback and games it has to be the NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600GT. The 512MB dedicated memory and integrated HDMI interface make the MEDION® AKOYA® P7300 D the perfect partner for your LCD or Plasma TV.

Easy future expansion
With the MEDION data port2 you can easily connect the external HDDrive2Go Ultra Speed and expand your storage capacity.5

High Speed Wireless LAN 802.11n Draft
With up to 300 MBit/s. 802.11 b/g compatible.4

Multi-Standard DVD/CD Writer
With DVD-RAM and Dual-Layer support.3

Watch and record digital TV programmes
Integrated triple-use TV tuner for analogue TV, DVB-T and DVB-S.6

Extra software package
(OEM versions pre-installed and/or on CD/DVD or Recovery CD/DVD):

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium. With new Media Center Interface (32 Bit & 64 Bit/incl. SP1)
Microsoft® Works® 9.0. Incl. Microsoft® Office Home and Student Trial Version 60 day test version (internet access required for activation)
Corel® Draw Essentials 3 + Corel® Media One™
MEDION Home Cinema Suite (PowerDirector 7, PowerProducer 5, Power DVD™ 7, MediaShow)
Nero essentials3 (Nero Burning ROM 8, Nero Recode 3, Nero Express 8, Nero Vision 5)
BullGuard Internet Security Pack7 (90 day trial version)

Accessories included:

Remote control
Wireless multimedia keyboard
Wireless optical scroll mouse

Numerous ports

HDMI + DVI
Connect the MEDION® AKOYA® PC to a HD ready TV via HDMI/DVI port to give you brilliant colours and picture perfect clarity – the ultimate digital home cinema experience.

Jameslayer 00:48 24 Nov 08

Sorry missed your post. I play a lot most genres so WoW. RPG/FPS anything basically when im in the mood. The spec I am looking for is like the chillblast stuff in the last couple of months issue. For what I really want I could do with buying a top end pc but my budget is 500 could push to 600 hundred. The biggest factors for making me get a new pc is 1-I cant run vegas(ram and graphic card) 2- When i talking to my friends online system slows down if i run media player and browse then net.

Jameslayer 18:49 25 Nov 08

Looks like I will be going for the PC from lidle. Thanks for the help and advice.

got2nesa 18:55 25 Nov 08

click here

That's got the best gaming processor in it for only £1000... So I imagine they have PC's for £500 that would play WoW at top settings...

WoW runs on my laptop with its generic video graphics and 1gig of ram... piece of crap lol...

Jameslayer 19:20 25 Nov 08

Like I said in my earlier post. Also looked at this Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz 6Mb Cache, 4GB Kingston DDR2 667 - 2 x 2GB single modules, 80GB SATA Hard Drive, , , , GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3, C2D - ASROCK CONROE-ESATA II 1333fsb-DDR667x4, DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe, No Floppy Disk Drive, Integrated Sound Card, Intergrated Monitor Speakers, , No Operating System, No Additional Software, , Free Carriage, 13 Month Warranty but its more expensive by £70 but the advantage is i would now what all the parts are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced