gaming pc

chamoclafastic 21:23 13 Jan 06

hi,

building a new pc asap, amd64 x2 3800, ATI Radeon X1800XT 512mb, Thermaltake Tsunami Aluminum/black Case, got a hdd but still need a mobo thats anywhere between 50 and 100 quid and around 1gb of memory (preferably 2 x's 512mb under 100) can anyone help recommend where i can get these for the cheapest prices and try not to stretch my budget to the limit! cheers guys.

Totally-braindead 22:33 13 Jan 06

I think you'd be better off spending a little bit more on the motherboard say £130ish then buying memory to suit the motherboard from Crucial. I presume the graphics card is PCI Express do you want Crossfire so you can later put a second graphics card in? I bought 2 matched 512mb PC3200 from Crucial for £70. Do you want SATA for the hard drives? You'll need to cut it down a bit to help people recommend.

rmcqua 23:23 13 Jan 06

chamoclafastic:
This is a great m/b for just around the #100.
click here

Totally-braindead 16:13 14 Jan 06

It is a great board, I have the same board the Deluxe version. But if you are keen on the Radeon then I wouldn't buy it, it has SLI for twin graphics cards but these have to be GeForce ones. I suugest you look for one similar but with Crossfire, I'm sure Asus will do one but which model it would be I'm not sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now