Gaming Laptop

twistere2 12:27 24 Oct 07

im looking for a gaming laptop and have around £800 to spend could anyone recomend the fastest/ overall best i could buy at the moment?

donki 12:39 24 Oct 07

What kinda games are you looking to play? You do realise you will have to play most newer games at about medium level graphics settings, mayb lower at the budget u have. But we can try and get somthing that fits your needs.

twistere2 13:22 24 Oct 07

mainly mmorpgs like lineage 2. and thats fine i dont expect anything mind blowing i just want somthing capable. i mean this looks good to me click here

twistere2 15:22 24 Oct 07

any help?

techie4me 16:10 24 Oct 07

Looks OK and may well do the job, price OK to.
Have you not thought of a desktop PC instead?

twistere2 16:27 24 Oct 07

well i go to music college and its needed for that aswell so desktop wouldn't be much use

Totally-braindead 17:49 24 Oct 07

I like Toshibas, well built and extremely reliable but as you seem to realise laptops are not really gaming machines.
I would check up on the specs of the games you wish to play that the graphics on this laptop will cope.
Looking at the advert I think they have made a mistake and think its not meant to be £800 but £1800. Could be wrong but I think its a mistake.

jimmybond 18:08 24 Oct 07

If you can buy the laptop at that price, then bite their hand off.
However, as Totally-braindead has said, it looks like a mistake.

Totally-braindead 18:24 24 Oct 07

I did notice theres 2 Xs on it so its not available in store and its not available to purchase online either.

M.Gillman 16:59 08 Apr 08

Hi all,

I am planning on buying a laptop within the next couple of monthes. I saw the XPS M1530 and loved it.

I just wanted to ask some other people what they think about it?

I enjoy gaming and read that XPS laptops are the way to go for gaming laptops.

Its specs are:

- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (1.83GHz)
- 15.4" Widescreen with TrueLife
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 8400M GS with 128MB dedicated graphic memory
- 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
- 250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive

I think these are fairly good specs for a laptop, can you give me your opinions?

will games like "oblivion" run smoothly on this laptop?

Thank you

Matthew

donki 17:03 08 Apr 08

Nope, not games like Oblivion, the 8400MGS is a budget card, you will have settings set to low, which makes the game not look so pretty. Oblivion is a very buggy games and requires a good PC to have all the setting on high, even thou it is an older game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now