gaming desktop pc between £1200-£1600

kahnv 20:49 28 Feb 09

i'm looking to purchase a desktop for about 1.5k, it has to be as silent as possible, with at least 750gb storage, i would like hdmi out if possible. no monitor/keyboard/mouse is needed. runnng vista. the games will mostly be single player, oblivion/c&c red alert 3 are the first things i'll be playing. then fallout 3 . would prefer it if i didn't have to upgrade anything major for a few years. pre-built would be preffered. any suggestions?

MAJ 21:04 28 Feb 09

Probably the best site around for that sort of thing is Cougar Extreme click here check them out.

MAJ 21:09 28 Feb 09

Personally, I would stay away from PCOption/Desktop Option (same company), just in case you come across them.

Overclockers click here is another good site.

citadel 21:59 28 Feb 09

an intel i7 cpu. 1g ati 4870 with a non reference cooler, several makers have coolers that are quieter better. top quality psu with 80% + logo, some psu's now have over 90% efficiency, a quality case. thermalright ultra 120 extreme for 1366 cpu cooler.
this is the basis of a quiet gaming pc in your price range.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…