Gaming & Cordless keyboard & mouse

neverumind 17:09 06 Jan 04

Hi

I use a Logitech MX 700 cordless optical mouse and cordless keyboard at work and find they work very well with standard business applications. I'm so impressed that I'm thinking about buying a set for home.

However, most of my home PC use is for gaming and I wonder if anyone has any experience of using cordless and optical devices when gaming? Are they OK or is there a few microseconds of delay that might cause a problem (such as bang I'm dead) in games?

Thanks for your help.

Falkyrn 17:37 06 Jan 04

There is a slight delay as you have described and can often mean the difference between living on or catching up on your reading while others play on.

That said ,it is possible to adjust your gaming play to compensate for this although you do have to be a little more circumspect at times in order to get the trigger pulled.

I had many problems with cordless mice in that they run out of juice when playing game's...

Try for a corded version would be my advice....

carver 21:39 06 Jan 04

Why not have the best of both worlds a cordless for routine work and a USB mouse for games, it works for me.

BeForU 04:46 07 Jan 04

i would have to agree with Pilch here, a cordless keyboard and mouse wouldnt exactly be good for gaming since you never know when the batteries will run out, there are actually some slight delays and it can be unresponsive at times. my best bet is to just use normal corded keyboard and mice.

neverumind 09:52 07 Jan 04

for all the advice.

I'll stick with a corded mouse for the time being. I like the MX700 but it's quite pricy and not worth getting one for the small amount of time I'll be using the PC for anything other than games.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…