Fujitsu's failing hard drives...

Stuartli 09:25 11 Jan 04

I'm aware that most people know that certain Fujitsu hard drives have a high failure record due, I believe, to problems the ocmpany suffered with a particular supplier's parts.

If anyone has any doubts about their Fujitsu drive then it's worth taking a look at:

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:51 11 Jan 04

'Reported failure rates ranged from 10% to over 80%, with an average being about 40%'.../me faints.

G

rowdy 13:45 11 Jan 04

I had a failure of a MPG3xxx series after 13 months of use ( 12 month warranty ) and got nowhere with the manufacturer or supplier.

I did discover the variable warranty period worldwide and that the manufacturer had an agent who was dealing with failures in Europe but would not entertain claims from the UK. The Supplier ( Dabs ) was not interested.

Fortuneately the technique of putting the drive in the fridge overnight ( sealed in a bag with desiccant crystals) worked for me. I installed it quickly and it booted. The chip that fails is used to boot the drive and once booted it operated normally for the remainder of the time the computer was on. The trick worked several times and I was able to recover all data.

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…