Fujitsu Siemens N100 Sat Nav

Frodo the wise 16:24 22 Aug 06

Has anyone else out there bought one of these machines? I've only seen them at a couple of online retailers (Amazon and NicePC) and hadn't really heard of Fujitsu making SatNavs before but I thought I'd give it a try as it is so compact compared to every other SatNav box I've seen and I've been very pleased with one of their laptops (an Amilo M3438G which has never missed a beat).

I'm glad I tried something different because this has done everything I wanted it to - the Navigon 6 software is easy to use, you can enter postcodes which speeds things up and you can switch to a 3D view which I find much better to follow than a top-down view.

The voice is really clear and not too annoying and the maps for the whole of Europe are included on the 1Gb miniSD card that comes with it. I was pleased because everything important operates via a touch screen which is very large in relation to the rest of the N100.

As standard it looks quite a lot like an iPod - it's an Apple white colour, but there are other faces available like on most mobile phones. It will fit in your pocket and I think there is a walking mode but I haven't got that far with it yet.

Overall I'm really happy with this - I didn't have to pay as much as I thought I would to get what I wanted and I know this will appeal to any gadget lover out there who values looks as much as the functionality of something. This has both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…