Fujitsu-Siemens laptop repair

SteevWatson 20:00 31 Jan 07

Hi
I have just received my lifebook t4010 lifebook back from Fujitsu Siemens after having it repaired under warranty. It is still displaying the same fault. I obviously will have to contact Fujitsu for further repairs but Before I do I would like to know my rights. The laptop has been for one previous repair before the fault I am having now. when I phone am i entitled to anything other than another repair for example a replacement laptop.

thanks

Steve

SteevWatson 20:06 31 Jan 07

I'm not sure if it will make a difference but I thought I'd better give details of the faults. I sent my laptop off fro repair as My "B" key was not working and my inbuilt wireless had stopped working. it was almost as if someone had removed the card one minute it was working fine and the next it wasn't the connection wasn't showing up in network connections and the wireless card couldn't be found in device manager.

When I got my laptop back the note said that the wireless card had been replaced and that it was tested and working. when i turned the laptop on the wireless worked for less than 5 minutes then the same problem reoccurred.

There was no mention of the B key being fixed and indeed it still wont work.

Thanks

Steve

wjrt 20:11 31 Jan 07

a lot depends on how old the laptop was when sent back

SteevWatson 20:13 31 Jan 07

I have had the laptop for a litle under a year.

Thanks
Steve

spuds 22:44 31 Jan 07

Trading Standards click here
Consumer Direct click here

SteevWatson 18:56 15 Feb 07

i just thought I'd give you an update on whats happening with my laptop. since I last posted my laptop has been away for repair again. When it came back they had replaced the keyboard so my "B" key now works however all they had done was reinstall my wireless driver which didn't fix the wireless problem at all. The laptop is now away for repair once again. Hopefully they will fix things this time but I'm not holding my breath.

If it comes back and still isn't fixed what do you think i should do? would it be unreasonable of me to ask for a new laptop?

what are everyone else's experiences with Fujitsu Siemens?

thanks

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…