Fujitsu Siemens-design faults and useless service

rory_13 19:31 17 Jun 06

Hello. I am the unfortunate buyer of a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1630. Within the 1 year warranty period, my laptop had to get back to FS 3 times and had a total of 3 motherboard replacements, 1Wlan card and other minor components. The repair took a total of 1,5 months since spare parts usually are sent from Germany. Also every time the laptop was returned with quite a few scratches and the srickers (microsoft serial number etc,) ready to fall off and more faults like DVDRW malfunction, overheating problems etc. A simple look at the Fujitsu-Siemens official website forum reveals about 80 other owners of the same model with exactly the same problems. Now i m a few months out of warranty and guess what, my motherboard is dead for the fourth time.

rory_13 19:38 17 Jun 06

I ve contacted the FS warranty department and they claim that there isnt any problem with faulty amilo 1630 motherboards, ignoring their own forum and also claim that my laptop isnt damaged due to their fault. So 4 dead motherboards in 16 months according to them is something that could happen to anyone. Please people who experience the same issues state your problems and lets hope that the forum editor could pull some strings to help us.

p.s. I have already contacted Consumer Direct and according to them it is a case that should be treated at least by free repairs by FS according to the Sales of Goods Act, section 14. Of course FS doesnt care about British law and asks for 'just' 400 pounds.

De Marcus™ 19:44 17 Jun 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac