Fujitsu Siemens

fleegle 13:00 16 Jan 09

Last Christmas (2007) I bought my fiance a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop, in November 2008 it developed a fault with the power supply and it was returned and "repaired" under warranty.

They supposedly replaced the mother-board and returned the laptop to me.

The fault was not fixed and now Fujitsu-Siemens are refusing to deal with the laptop under warranty.

They're expecting me to pay £85 initially, and probably several hundred more to fix what they should have done under warranty.

I believe they should be dealing with this under warranty as the initial call was placed well inside the warranty period.

I'm really annoyed by this, but I don't know where to turn next. I'm going to contact every consumer organization I can think of, and do what I can to dissuade anybody who asks my advice from buying a Fujitsu-Siemens system, from laptop to high-end server!!

If 1 years service is all I can expect from Fujitsu-Siemens systems then they can get stuffed!

wjrt 13:21 16 Jan 09
  urbtaf 11:13 01 Feb 09

Had a problem with the same firm. Would not buy their products again. Legaly I believe the date the problem is reported, if within the warranty period, means that any problem resulting from this is covered irespective of when it reocures

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now