To Fujitsu or not?

boybrown 20:02 10 Aug 07

Hi folks, I'm after buying a laptop sub £500, doesn't need to be all singing and dancing, no gaming needed but I would like to be able to download directly from my camcorder (firewire needed) and do some editing (nothing too heavy). Also wifi (obviously) and a reasonable sized RAM. I have been looking around and tying myself in knots. I found what looks to be a reasonable deal for my money, click here but have been put off by a few posts about Fujitsu and wondered if poeple had an opinion firstly about the spec and secondly about the company.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated

tom :o)

Totally-braindead 20:30 10 Aug 07

I still see the occassional mention of the cracking case at the hinge problem and subsequently am rather put off them. Personally I'd look elsewhere but perhaps its sorted now.
I'm not into laptops as they can't be upgraded and I play games but if I was going to get one then it would be a Toshiba.

wjrt 22:20 10 Aug 07
  boybrown 08:46 12 Aug 07

cheers totally-braindead and wjrt, I've seen the fujitsu thread which is what raised my concerns in the first place. The all mainly seem to relate to the amilo d series and the fulitsu i'm looking at is not in that range so am unsure if the same build concerns apply?

Any further thoughts and thanks very much for the response

Colinp 09:12 12 Aug 07

I personally would not buy a Fujitsu Siemens laptop again on reliability grounds.

I have had the onboard sound card go and in the last 2 weeks, the HDD died.

Regards

Totally-braindead 20:02 12 Aug 07

Still say a Tosh but I'm not a laptop user click here though it has only half the memory.

boybrown 18:44 14 Aug 07

HI folks,

as with my other post I would like to say a big thanks for the helpful comments. I've gone for the lenovo as it has had good reviews and is fairly cheap to upgrade the memory if I find that it needs it. It's got xp rather than vista so is less memory intensive too!

Cheers

:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017