Fuji Finepix S5000

Migwell 20:59 21 Feb 04

I am thinking about buying one of the above cameras. Has anyone got any comments good or bad regarding this camera I just need a little confidence. The last camera was a Minolta Dimage 2300 which is very good but I feel the need to get back to something more like my old SLR. Zoom lens, apiture priority and speed priority ETC

Who is offering the best prices?

Anyone heard of PIXMANIA.COM and can they be trusted?

Diodorus Siculus 21:41 21 Feb 04

PIXMANIA.COM - based in France; do a search on these pages for some info.

Richard 23:22 21 Feb 04

I have a Fuji S5000 and am very pleased with it. It is my first digital camera, the response time from pressing the shutter button to it taking a picture is slow and takes some getting used to but the picture quality can be very good. I bought a 128mb card which is the only other problem the card is actually a XD picture card which is not common and not found in most direct printers.

I have used various SLR film cameras and would still go back to my Pentax for sports or the best quality shots.

TECHNODIMWIT 10:00 22 Feb 04

brill qauality, buy a charger and a set of Ni-MH
batterys as they use lots of power,

mine came from click here

Excellent delivery service

anchor 15:29 22 Feb 04

I would be careful about dealing with a firm based in France. It it needs to be returned you will be faced with high postal costs.

Far better to deal locally with Jessops. They will price match any UK based web supplier, provided it is in stock. I used camers2u.com as my price match source, and took a print-out with me. The Fuji S5000 is £250 here.

click here

Review here:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…