Frre and excellent VNC programme-Crossloop.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:45 22 Feb 08

How many times do you get friends/relatives/parents phone you up and ask for help to fix some computer problem. Now you can do it from the comfort of your home computer with a programme called crossloop click here.

I've been using this for 6 months to see if it does what it says...and it does. You install the small prog. on your computer and onto the other computer that has a problem. It is on 2/3Mb download. You can then securely access and control their computer although you both need a BB connection. You have a screen appear on your desktop (the desktop of the other computer) and you can use it as if you were using your own. This is ideal if the person is not really technically minded (my grandmother) and also tends to fiddle with their settings.

It is rare that I get all lyrical about free programmes (the last one being Ccleaner) but Crossloop has saved me a lot of time, trouble and aggro. It is worth trying and is very easy to use.

G

dagbladet 11:44 22 Feb 08

My postings, ta.

Dart Echo 20:54 23 Feb 08

This is a very useful tool indeed.

silverous 21:25 23 Feb 08

How does this differ from just getting VNC ?
Do routers that do NAT/hardware firewalls cause problems?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:23 24 Feb 08

Crossloop is much easier for people who are not too computer knowlegeable to install and use....and it is free. It works fine with my wireless router and there was no need to change any settings.
If you have 2 computers or a nearby friend, try the programme. It does exactly as stated and has saved me a lot of time helping 'friends'.

G

Totally-braindead 10:40 24 Feb 08

Think I might give it a try. Thank you GANDALF <|:-)>.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:42 24 Feb 08

ps...both users need to hit the 'connect' button not just the person accessing the remote computer.

G

Monoux 11:08 24 Feb 08

bookmarked

MAJ 18:47 24 Feb 08

Looks good, GANDALF <|:-)>, have been using RealVNC, but will give it a try.

flyboy 19:33 24 Feb 08

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)>, downloaded for future! use

Demora 19:40 24 Feb 08

Will save me a lot of train fares.

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)>

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…