Freeview TV

RobG126 14:59 13 Jun 04

I am looking for a digital freeview box that i can connect to my tv card. Is this possible? If so can it be done with all boxes?
Any recommendations?
Thanks

SEASHANTY 17:22 13 Jun 04

Freeview STB info website. Most Freeview boxes have
scart outlets to transfer the video to the TV. This is difficult to transfer to a TV PCI card as most DO NOT include the scart socket. You may have to get a Freeview box with a modulator to input to the TV card co-axial input socket. A scart to SVHS + audio
from cable universe
click here
may be suitable or scart to three RCA phono plugs
(composite, AudioR AudioL) or scart plug to composite video and stereo mini jack plug - it all depends on what inputs you have on your PCI TV card.
There are also PCI and USB TV cards from Avermedia and Hauppauge which include the Freeview channels.
Lots of choices. Check out some boxes click here and try the links - especially the Radio and Telly link.

Stuartli 14:35 14 Jun 04

You can get PCI TV Freeview cards which will also feed the signal to a television set (audio to a hi-fi) - this is one example:

click here

Ignore the mention of a digital satellite antenna being required - it's a normal wideband TV aerial signal input that's needed as it's digital terrestial television reception.

SEASHANTY 15:51 14 Jun 04

The Humax PVR - 8000T is a Freeview box combined with a 40GB Hard disk. You can record the freeview
programmes to the hard disk. Humax RRP is £199-99 but it can be obtained from QED for £138-99
click here
Info also on the Humax UK website
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…