Freeview required - but must have Eurosport option

Grambo 08:34 23 Mar 07

Looking for a Freeview box where I can upgrade to recieve Eurosport. Also possibly with hard drive. Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Stuartli 08:57 23 Mar 07

Any Freeview set top box or computer system PCI Freeview TV card will feature Eurosport in the channels lineup.

However you will also have to subscribe to TopUpTV as it's a pay channel. See:

click here

Grambo 09:08 23 Mar 07

Can i just subscribe tho. Looking at website it seems that i have to purchase their box aswell as monthly payment

Stuartli 09:52 23 Mar 07

It appears to be a case of swings and roundabouts - you want a Freeview box "possibly with a hard drive" and this is what you will be getting.

TopUpTV always charged a monthly fee of just under a tenner for around 10 channels even before it launched its new service last October.

Stuartli 09:53 23 Mar 07

There's a TVTopUp TV promotional video being shown on Freeview at present, plus the three AnyTime channels, offering more information about the service.

Stuartli 15:48 23 Mar 07

As an alternative, Dabs is selling a Lite-On 160GB DVD hard drive + media recorder for £120:

click here

plus free delivery if ordered over weekend.

Stuartli 15:53 23 Mar 07

Otherwise your best bet is the Humax PVR9200 - a superb twin tuner Freeview and personal video recorder. See:

click here

robbiepaul79 18:41 23 Mar 07

Dont bother with TOP-UP tv it is basically a con and waste of money.

You only get the channels you pay for afew hours a day if at all, it really is terrible.

Kate B 19:04 23 Mar 07

Second Stuartli's recommendation of the Humax PVR - it's an excellent machine.

Stuartli 19:35 23 Mar 07

As is Humax's F2 FOX-T Freeview set top box - now in its fourth year and still leaving the majority of the rest trailing in its wake...:-)

Grambo 08:34 24 Mar 07

Thanks guys, lots to think about there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…