Freeview Picture Problems

wids001 08:15 14 Mar 11

Hi

Once again I have problems viewing Freeview. Very often when I switch on I cannot get ITV, ITV2, CH4 or CH5. Even after a retune the picture continues to break up.

All other channels, including ITV3 & ITV4 are absolutely clear and precise.

I am based in Essex and have my aeriel pointed towards London (like most other aeriels around this estate).

It seems to his problem only seems to occur when there is High Pressure (clear skies). During damp and wet weather I don't have a problem.

Any suggestions/ideas please.

oresome 08:49 14 Mar 11

Assuming you are in the service area for the transmitter, get the aerial system checked out.

The coax in particular can degrade over time with the ingress of moisture and corrosion of the copper braid.

The analogue signal strength can be so high it masks defects with the aerial which only become apparent with digital reception.

961 09:07 14 Mar 11

I assume you get pictures from Crystal Palace and I note that some parts of Essex are in a fringe area. Additionally, Mux 2 which transmits ITV1 etc transmits at a lower power than some other channels

It's important to ensure you have the correct type of aerial and booster and that the co ax cable is in good condition

It's likely that your problems will resolve after the analogue signal is turned off in 2012

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5