Freeview HD

dumb_haddik 16:42 20 Sep 07

Does anyone know if there is an HD version of freeview available for HD TVs? I can't afford monthly sky payments.

Thanks for your help

Dizzy Bob 17:45 20 Sep 07

Currently there are no free to air HD channels.

Hopefully with the digital switch over coming up, there will be some content available eventually!

DB

Joe R 17:46 20 Sep 07

dumb_haddik,

as far as I am aware, Sky is the only option for HDTV at this time.

Stuartli 18:12 20 Sep 07

The BBC has run high definition trials in the London area on Freeview, but it's a while off yet becoming reality; once analogue transmissions have finally ceased, the bandwidth will be available for some HD transmissions.

Stuartli 18:16 20 Sep 07
  Stuartli 18:17 20 Sep 07

My Twinhan Freeview PCI TV card is HD compatible - it's part of the reason why it's a popular choice in Australia where some states have had high definition DTB for some time.

MadBob 20:35 22 Sep 07

There was a petition to the government to ensure frequencies were made available for HD freeview.
Virgin cable V+ boxes are HD. Not much on though.

Bob

laurie53 18:42 23 Sep 07

From where? I thought the BBC had stopped transmitting HD.

laurie53 07:37 24 Sep 07

Sorry, I thought dumb_haddik was referring to a terrestrial service rather than satellite.

Stuartli 12:49 24 Sep 07

>>I thought dumb_haddik was referring to a terrestrial service rather than satellite.>>

He was, asking: "...anyone know if there is an HD version of freeview available for HD TVs?"

Stuartli 15:22 24 Sep 07

There is a reason why Freeview is called by that name...:-)

Although the BBC didn't taken very kindly, in view of the name, to the fact that some subscription services were allowed by its Freeview partners after the service had been running for a year or two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…