Freeview Box with hard drive recorder

Angry Kid 20:14 28 Jul 07

Evening,

As my video has decided to play up, I am wanting to add a second freeview box with recorder to replace it.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one from experience or reviews?

Thanks

Angry ;)

FreeCell 20:20 28 Jul 07

Humax PVR9200T Set Top Box.

Good reviews on Amazon
click here

Similar for Daewoo DSD9502T
click here

FreeCell 20:21 28 Jul 07

Sorry should have said, both Sons have Humax and have been very pleased with it. One said in the event of a fire it would be the first thing he grabs to save!

Tigertops 20:50 28 Jul 07

I have had my Humax for over a year now. Absolutely brilliant and dead easy to use. Forget about anything else!

Al94 21:09 28 Jul 07

Humax are good but if you're on a tight budget, I've had a year's faultless service from one of these click here

Stuartli 21:28 28 Jul 07

The Humax is a superb machine.

It may interest you to know that a Bush PVR machine top the annual products' reliability charts with a 100 per cent score for PVRs in a well known consumer magazine this month.

In fact it's a rebadged Humax...:-)

Panasonic and Sony were joint second with 94 per cent.

Angry Kid 21:37 28 Jul 07

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

I will let this posting run a little longer before closing.

All comments appreciated.

Angry ;)

Angry Kid 22:59 28 Jul 07

Just been told by the wife that she would like to receive Eurosport if at all possible.

Is this at all possible with the recommended items?

Angry ;)

Stuartli 23:11 28 Jul 07

You have to subscribe to TopUpTV to add Eurosport on Freeview; it's listed, but you can't view it otherwise.

You also have to pay a fee for Setanta Sport.

Not surprising the BBC has taken a dim view of these pay to view channels (and there may be more from Sky soon) introduced by its partners in the venture after ITV Digital folded, as it nullifies the Freeview tag to some extent.

Stuartli 23:12 28 Jul 07
  Stuartli 23:15 28 Jul 07

The Humax 9200T is not a set top box - you are probably thinking of the F2-FOXT - another outstanding product by the Korean company.

Been out for three years now and still way ahead of the vast bulk of the competition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…