Fateful Shadow 22:51 21 Jul 03

Can anyone who uses/has used freeserve tell me if it's possible to access the internet via freeserve from 2 computers in the same house?

Any opinions about Freeserve would be helpful too!

Steven135 23:13 21 Jul 03

You can access your account from any computer and you can network your PC's to share a connection.

If you do a search on this site for networking you will unearth a mini mountain of help and advice.

Your helproom thread on the subject of freeserve is probably all the information you will need to make a decision on whether to change to them.

palinka 18:03 28 Jul 03

I've used Freeserve for 4 years; the occasional glitch, but otherwise fine.
Yes, you can access internet with 2 computers in same house with Freeserve - I do it on a daily basis since getting advice on PCA helproom forum. Look for "same email on 2 systems" that I posted on 6 July. You don't need to network, just plug the 2 computers into different tel sockets ( or same one if you unplug other computer first!).

chris6891 21:24 28 Jul 03

i have freeserve networked onto two computers. this done by one computer acting as the "internet gateway" by which the internet is on it, and that comp connects to the internet. From this, the other computer connects to it through a cross over cable. Works flawlessly. Have only notices one instance where freeserve wasnt working, and that was at my end. Never any busy signals, or any other problems. Good Speeds, Good service - happy customer. would definitely recommend it

snoresloudly 21:37 28 Jul 03

using freeserve b/b, got 2 comps running via internet sharing, no probs what so ever, good fast connection (currently 576000bps)easy peesy

ps been with freeserve for 4 yrs both on dail up & b/b never a prob

Djohn 22:25 28 Jul 03

I was with them for a short period of time, have nothing but praise for them, very helpful, even called me with tech. help to save me cost of call. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…