Freecycle.org

Handy Spinner 12:19 06 Jul 04

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is entirely correct to post this here, but it's something that I feel would be good to promote, and it's non-commercial, so here goes. (And no, I'm only a humble member, not a Freecycle admin. ;) )

The Freecycle Network is a "grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns". Basically, messages like "OFFERED: Mountain bike" or "WANTED: One small sofa" are posted in the area-specific group (like "London" or "Newport"), and then people respond to those messages.

The idea is to recycle unwanted stuff and find them a new home, and so cut down on the amount of stuff wastefully thrown away around the globe.

I don't know how many here have heard of it, but there may be some here who find it interesting.

spuds 19:48 06 Jul 04

Do you mean this click here Looks more American to me.

Pesala 21:07 06 Jul 04

click here to see the Forum Editor's response to such threads. We're all in favour of good causes, but this is a PC help forum after all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…