Freecycle or Freegle?

One Old Git 20:37 PM 02 Oct 11

Both these seem to be concerned with finding people who would like thngs you no longer need or use. There is one branch of each where I live. Should I use one rather than the other or might I just as well join both?

mobing 03:09 AM 03 Oct 11

you can join both i think ,a bit difference between the demand of them ,so you can have two account for your stuffs !

morddwyd 07:51 AM 03 Oct 11

Freecycle originated in the US and spread to Britain.

When the UK side wanted a bit more autonomy the parent group refused and started removing people from office.

Those people set up Freegle.

hastelloy 08:47 AM 03 Oct 11

You can join both and there's also Realcycle which seems to have more members in my area than either of the others.

BT 09:05 AM 03 Oct 11

The problem is now that the original concept of offering an item so that someone else can make use of it has been somewhat overshadowed by those people who are obtaining items just so that they can then immediately put them up for sale on Ebay. Not really playing the game.

hastelloy 09:48 AM 03 Oct 11

BT is right. Usually, when I offer something, I wait for a few requests and try to pick the most genuine one. Not always easy and not 100% but I try.

One Old Git 17:37 PM 03 Oct 11

Thanks folks for your helpful comments. Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know