Free! VOI calls

Sapins 15:54 28 Jun 06

Anyone heard or or tried click here for VOI calls? Looks very similar to VoiCheap which I am trying, but, the biggest difference is that you can use your ordinary telephone, no headsets, microphones, no software to install. etc:

You get 300 free minutes a week and thereafter calls cost €0.01 a minute with a €0,4 connection charge. You have to buy some credit, €10, which is valid for 90 days.

I have found that with VoiCheap there is a distinct echo and time delay on the line called.

I have tried the first "Free" cal and as I type this my wife is continuing the call to a friend, there is no echo, no time lag and it sounds just the same as my ordinary calls. Might buy the €10 and see how I get on.

By the way the free call, which I thought was for 3 minutes is coming up to 12 minutes, we may never hang up!

Sapins 15:57 28 Jun 06

Would you believe it I have just discovered this is by VoiCheap, did not read the e-mail properly, nothing new in that. Must see if my VoiCheap account is being used for this!

Tim1964 19:51 28 Jun 06

Looked into signing up but spotted that the 10 Euro credit for the free calls only lasts 120 days. £2 a month for 5 hours of 'free' calls is still not bad I suppose but still, it's a step in the right direction, being able to use a normal home phone.

dontbugme 22:05 03 Nov 06

They are both owned by Betamax, just like Voipbuster, Voipcheap, Voipstunt, etc, etc. For a full list of Betamax programs; click here
Here you can read more about Betamax GMBH from Germany; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…