Free PC Maintenance Tools - What's Recommended?

OneInAMillion 23:44 13 Sep 06

Hi All,

In the past I have used "EasyCleaner by ToniArts" and lately "CCleaner" to tidy my computer particularly the Registry and issues relating to the Registry. I feel very uneasy when dealing with the Registry and DLLs due to the consequence of getting it wrong and ignorance. The tools proven integrity is important. My first impression of "CCleaner" is that it is excellent.

I recently compiled a similar posting relating to free anti-malware tools and had a magnificent response. I'm hoping the Forum will respond similarly with recommendations for free PC Maintenance Tools.

Ta

Diodorus Siculus 00:43 14 Sep 06

|MG| Free Download - Diskeeper Lite 7.0 Build 418
"Diskeeper Lite is a short version introduction to full-featured Diskeeper. Diskeeper Lite can only analyze fragmentation levels and run manual defragmentation on one disk volume at a time. All time and money saving Set It and Forget It® scheduling, system management functions and network controls are shown and explained, but rendered inoperative. This tool will show you how easy the full version is to install and operate across any size network . Diskeeper Lite will help everyone in their selection of the right automated defragmentation software for their homes and/or business sites."
click here

hzhzhzhz 08:15 14 Sep 06

I have to agree with Diodorus Siculus regarding CCleaner and diskeeper lite, esp the latter.
My daughter gave me her laptop which was almost at a standstill. I spent ages cleaning all the rubbish out using cccleaner,avg,ewido etc.
when it came to defrag, windows defrag would not get past 7% after lots of attempts. The defrag analasis almost all red sectors. I downloaded Diskeeper Lite and although it took about 10 defrag sessions it now has no fragmentations at all.
She was going to dump this laptop but thanks to some excellent freeware I now have myself a great little machine.:-). Thumbs up from me for Diskeeper Lite.

rdave13 09:49 14 Sep 06

CleanUp! is another good program click here

Strawballs 11:26 14 Sep 06
  Totally-braindead 12:21 14 Sep 06

I use Ccleaner and it works well and has never caused a problem. There are others but I like Ccleaner cos as I said its never caused a problem. You can end up running so many tools that you never have time to do anything else and IMHO its not necessary.

SB23 12:32 14 Sep 06

Just answered another thread about this freebie.

click here.

Try it, it works well.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…