is free-online a good broadband supplier?

palinka 15:22 03 Sep 05

I started a thread about this provider in Helproom forum, but only had one response; maybe more here? I just want to know users' opinions of this ISP. They are offering a similar price to Tiscali and a few others (£14.99).Do people find them OK? I'd recommended Tiscali to a friend to whom cost matters & £14.99 is OK; then someone else suggested free-online to him but I know nothing about this provider. Any advice/experiences, please.

nigelJam 15:50 03 Sep 05

I have been with free-online for years. I started with dial up and have been on broadband for 2 years. Always had the best of service and their telephone helpline was great when I switched to broadband. No rip off costs for calling them.

They recently upgraded my bandwidth to 2MB at no cost and they seem to keep prices competative. I've actually seen prices come down!

Very happy and would recommend them.

BTW
You don't have to have free-online in your email address. IDPS also works (so you don't look a cheap skate.

palinka 17:37 03 Sep 05

thanks, that's very helpful

JayDay 18:22 07 Sep 05

I think they are the same company as PlusNet. The websites look identical.

palinka 18:44 07 Sep 05

thanks, everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…