Free OCR Software.

plough 21:42 18 Aug 05

Hi all,

I have been searching for some free OCR software and there are a number of utilities available. Some are probably better than others so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

kev d 22:30 18 Aug 05

Hi Plough, I am using ReadIris Pro 7 (free with PC Pro Sept 2005 DVD). Although I do not use OCR a lot it seems fine to me.

plough 23:01 18 Aug 05

Thank you for your answer. I bought the mag as well and have the disc. I installed ReadIris Pro 7 but can't get it to work properly. If I let the wizard open a scanned page that contains graphics in MS word then chunks of the graphics are missing. Also if I remove the 'boxing' from a scanned page (which stops the wizard) then I can't suss out how to then open the image in MS word. The help files don't seem to cover this. The reason I posted the question was I was looking for a simpler application. I will just have to persevere and suss it out. I will have another go and thoroughly read the help files and not be in such a hurry.

Cheers,

plough.

plough 02:11 19 Aug 05

Just a follow up note. I have got Readiris working perfectly now. Instead of installing from the disc I had opened it up and extracted the program folder and then installed from that. Obviously something was missing as buttons didn't work as well as some menu items being greyed out. I only did this so as to be able to give the disc to a friend.

Thanks for responding

plough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017