Free NTL Broadband Speed Increase

Sibbo 17:15 06 Mar 05

It's been widely reported that NTL are to give a free speed increase. Does anybody have any definite dates yet?

obbit 21:21 06 Mar 05
  Sibbo 21:25 06 Mar 05

Thanks mate.

obbit 22:11 06 Mar 05

you're welcome

accord 15:44 09 Mar 05

This might help or go to click here

Existing 300K customers paying £17.99 per month

Our new 1Mb service is available at the same price as the 300K service. The 1Mb service has a usage allowance of 3GB per month, which is more than enough for the majority of customers, still allowing for approximately 12 hours of Internet surfing per day. To take advantage of this free upgrade call ntl customer services on 0800 052 2000.

Existing 750K customers

We´re in the process of automatically upgrading your service to 2Mb. This upgrade is absolutely free and you don´t have to do anything to receive it. What´s more, the monthly price of this service remains the same. Check this page to find out exactly when you will be upgraded.

Existing 1.5Mb customers

We´re in the process of automatically upgrading your service to 3Mb. This upgrade is absolutely free and you don´t have to do anything to receive it. What´s more, the monthly price of this service remains the same. Check this page to find out exactly when you will be upgraded.

ntl Broadband usage allowance guidlines

Internet Activity 1Mb service (3Gb per month) All other services Surfing 12 hours per day 24 hours per day Sending or recieving emails without attachments 600 per week 6,000 per week Sending or recieving emails with attachments (e.g. a digital photo) 45 800 Downloading music tracks 30 per week 800 per week Watching videos 1 hour per week 6 hours per week Software downloads (average of 100Mb) 1 per month 20 per week Online radio 1 hour per day 4 hours per day Online gaming 0.5 hours per week 6 hours per day

bfoc 15:59 09 Mar 05

That my set-top box was unable to go faster than 1Mb, which I will automaticaly get, and so I will have to wait until April when they will swap boxes so I can get the 2Mb.

Perhaps I should ask them if they will be charging me less for the month when I will 'only' be getting 1Mb. ;)

Tim1964 18:31 09 Mar 05

Upgraded from 750K to 2Mbps on the NTL site last night, 2 clicks , reboot modem, job done.

I'll give it the min 30 days to see if it's worth 'downgrading' to the 1Mb service for &7/m less.

accord 21:34 09 Mar 05

Job done.

And yes I can notice a difference.

ricvic 16:31 10 Mar 05

I'm a set top box user. I phoned today (10) to be told it doesn't apply to me unitl the 14th. They will call me back.

Rayuk 17:35 10 Mar 05

The Pace set top boxes wont do 2Mb you have to have the silver Samsung ones.
Phoned up myself new box swapping out on the 1st April[afternoon]

slimbo51 20:49 10 Mar 05

I am a 750k user.
You said you ugraded to 2mb om the NTL site.
Can you please give me a link to where it is.
2 clicks and a reboot..sounds good to me.

Many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…